Operations and Administration
Here’s an overview of the internal workings of the agency and the roles of various departments
Administration and Supplies Department
- Taking charge of the general administration of the Agency;
- Advising on general administration matters in thee Agency;
- Responsible for assisting in the formation of policies and their execution;
- Ensuring the maintenance of discipline and cohesion in the Agency;
- Preparation of Annual Estimates of the Agency and staff turnover in conjunction with the directorate of finance and accounts.
Finance and Account Department
- Taking charge of the accounting duties in the Agency;
- Advising in the disbursement of funds of the Agency;
- Taking charge of the disbursement of funds of the Agency;
- Advising the Chief Executive, the Accounting Officer and other Departmental Head on accounting matters;
- Responsible for the development and installation of efficient accounting system of the Agency with appropriate in-built controls as approved by the Office of the Accountant General in line with the financial regulations.
Field Operations Department
- Coordinates the technical operations;
- Involves in policies and programmes formulation
- Also involves in specilised tree crops extension services.
Extension Services Department
- To liaise with all relevant research Institutions for the collection of latest research technologies on Tree and Horticultural crops;
- Dissemination of improved technologies from relevant research institutions on Tree and Horticultural crops to the farmers;
- Coordination of Tree and Horticultural crop’s farmers training/workshops;
- Coordination of fields staff training workshops.
Planning, Research and Statistics Department
- Records of all farmer’s challenges/problems for onward transference to relevant research Institutions to proffer solutions;
- Registration and training of Tree and Horticultural crop’s farmers on farm practices and agro-processing technical skills;
- Coordination of NYSC corps members and Industrial Training students on Tree and Horticultural crops production and processing;
- Preparation of the unit’s activities monthly reports and the progress report for onward submission to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.